What an exciting morning! At long last, we’ve gotten ourselves a fancy new update fresh with new characters and new quests. Before we get started, I want to preface by saying that unlike the Incredibles updates, which were part of a timed event, I will not be gemming my way through this one. While I may use a gem here or there, since this update is not on a timer, I will be taking my time and enjoying the ride with everyone else! That being said, today will simply be a look at everything new that has been added to the update. Here we go!
From the Developers
A NEW PRINCESS HAS BEEN SPOTTED IN THE KINGDOM! Welcome Cinderella and Prince Charming in this magical new update! Discover Enchanted Chests, a brand-new feature that brings mystery rewards to your kingdom every day. Be on special lookout for the rare Platinum Chests, which hold exclusive rewards you can’t find anywhere else!
• 2 New Characters!
• 20 New Quests!
• 1 New Attraction!
• 2 New Decorations!
• Cinderella Float!
• Collect Enchanted Chests around the Kingdom for hundreds of magical rewards!
• Bug fixes and minor improvements.
As expected, we now have the ability to welcome both Cinderella and her dashing Prince. What is a surprise is that so far it seems that these are the only new characters we’ve managed to get our hands on. While this is a bit of a disappointment, I know that a lot of people still have passed character that they are attempting to welcome.
Also note that you will need to employ the use of the new Enchanted Chests, which we’ll speak to in a moment, in order to welcome Prince Charming.
And don’t even think about trying to skip that step…
While we are on the top of characters, I’ll also mention that The Incredibles have been moved down to the bottom of the Character screen. Begone Incredibles! Your usefullness has come to an end!
Many of the new attractions will be found in the chests but we do know that there is one to gain right off the bat, well, as long as Prince Charming has a few levels under his belt.
Plenty of new Decor has been added, again, mostly in chests, but I am loving that cute little Pluto Topiary. IT WILL BE MINE. Ahem. Although, some of the decor that we can get without chests is also quite lovely.
New Parade Float
What is a new update without a new parade float? Here we see the lovely carriage, once a pumpkin strolling down the street. Let’s hope it doesn’t change on us before it gets done with its route.
But of course, you’ll need to pay for this little guy.
This might be bigger than the fact that we have new characters as it is a gameplay mechanic I expect to take hold of the game very quickly.
Basically, this is how it works. By going to an all new building on Main Street, you’ll be able to cultivate these chests.
Like many other games, these chests give varying degrees of rewards, based on how much you are willing to spend on them. But be warned. They are random drops so just because you pick the one with something you want, doesn’t mean you will get the thing you want. The chests are also cursed so it takes a bit of time depending on the chest for them to actually open.
You get the first pedestal for free, but will have to unlock the others with gems. You also get the first chest for free but will soon be hunting them down, so unless you spend some gems here, it could take a bit of time.
Let’s go over what you can gain from each chest.
BRONZE – Commonly Found
SILVER – Less Common
GOLD – Rare
PLATINUM – Mythically Rare
And there you will see Splash Mountain…
Of course, you’ll be encouraged to pay some cold hard gems for extra chests as well. Note that these aren’t cursed therefore they will open up right away.
These chests can also be found by hunting through the kingdom so now it is more worth it to really keep an eye as you scroll around, sending everyone on quests. In the upper corner of the screen, you can see how many chests are hiding in your kingdom so you aren’t aimlessly searching for something that isn’t there.
Old Loading Screens are New Again
It seems are old friend, the blue loading screen has returned, and I’m quite happy about this. The Incredibles loading screen just feels like that friend you invited to Thanksgiving at your house, but then he called your Mom fat and you suddenly wished he’d just leave already.
Game Balances and Changes
These come directly from the devs.
- Reduced Magic received from “Sibling Team Work” activity
- Reduced various activity durations on Sarge and Buzz Lightyear
- Slight increase on duration welcome and level up a character to Level 2
- Small tweaks to Parade drops
- Adjusted cost on land expansions in California Screamin’ area (bottom-right, center-right, top-right)
If a task has less than 30 seconds, you can finish it for free.
They have also changed the way Magic Pack and Rewards scale as you level. The higher your level, the more benefits you will receive:
- More Magic converted from Gems
- More Magic collected from visiting your friends on Social
- More Magic from Enchanted Chests
- More Magic earned from watching video ads in the Magic Shop
This is particularly awesome as it makes leveling WORTH IT for the first time in the entire game.
- Fixed an issue with Incredibles character tokens not dropping from activities (including Dash’s token)
- Stored Incredibles buildings can be found again in your Shop
- Welcome Syndrome quest has been removed from the Quest Finder if you did not welcome Syndrome during The Incredibles Event
- Incredibles Event Currency requirement to level up characters has been corrected to Magic
- Incredibles Event has been removed completely from players who were still seeing it after the event had ended
- Visitors wishing for unavailable Incredibles attractions will now be wishing for available attractions; any pre-existing wishes for the missing attractions have changed to available attractions
- Fixed various crash and connectivity issues
That’s it so far. As I uncover new fun things, I will make sure to post here and let you guys know. I’ll also be posting about welcoming these new characters and their quests in a separate entry.
What do you think? Are you excited by the new gameplay mechanic? What new attraction do you hope to get first? Let me know in the comments!