Hello all. I am so super excited because I just got nominated for my very first Liebster Award! What is that, you ask? This award is this awesome thing that folks nominate you for in order to help spread awareness of awesome blogs! I will answer questions that were given to me and then nominate some other writers. It’s sort of like a Q&A pay it forward where everyone wins!
The rules of a Liebster Award are as follows:
Acknowledge the person who nominated you and display the award.
Answer 11 questions that the blogger gives you.
Give 11 facts about yourself.
Nominate 11 blogs who you think deserve it.
Let these bloggers know you’ve nominated them.
Give your 11 questions to the nominees.
My nomination came from Film Music Central, which, by the way, amazing blogger. Check them out right now!
Here are the Q’s I was given to A.
- What is your favorite animated Disney film?
The Emperor’s New Groove! This movie defines my very existence. Kuzco is my spirit animal. I could watch this movie over and over and never tire of it.
- Which Star Wars film is the best?
Obviously The Empire Strikes Back is the best, BUT I think my favorite is The Force Awakens. I just love Kylo as a villain so so so much.
- Star Trek or Star Wars?
Star Wars. Though I have a fond affection for both, I’ll watch a lightsaber duel over a vulcan salute any day.
- How long have you been blogging?
I’ve been actually blogging for about a year, though I officially opened my blog page two years ago.
- Favorite film soundtrack?
Star Trek, the new one from J.J. Abrams. The soundtrack is done by Michael Giaccino and it fuels my writing almost every day.
- If you had to live inside a movie, which would you pick and why?
As much as I love Disney, I’m going to have to go with Harry Potter on this one. I think I’d make a great Hufflepuff!
- Who’s going to win The Game of Thrones?
Hmm, tough call. A little part of me thinks its going to be a two way tie between Jon Snow and the mighty Khaleesi. They could get married, have kids and then be on a sitcom called “Some like it hot. Some like it cold.”
- If you had one superpower, which would it be?
I have always had a deep seeded love of fire powers. Not that it can do anything that amazing, but if its good enough for Charmander, its good enough for me.
- Name one movie that should NEVER have had a sequel.
Honestly, while I love Pirates of the Caribbean, I hate that a lot of the characters are in way worse places at the end of At World’s End than they were at the end of Black Pearl. I sort of wish they’d just lived happily every after.
- Do you think they can keep the James Bond series going forever?
As long as there are sly Brits to play him, then yes.
- What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?
I know you are, but what am I?! Seriously though, I can’t recall and I’m too lazy to google it. Let’s go with 30 clicks per parsec, depending on which quadrant of the solar verse you happen to be in, of course.
11 Facts About Me
- My middle name is Scott
- While I writ about Disney a lot, I’m actually more of a DC guy than a Marvel guy.
- I love board games, but rarely ever win them.
- I could watch Friends every day and never tire of it.
- The first geek fandom I was ever a part of was Digimon, and I still love it to this day.
- I am terrified of Bees, wasps, stingy bugs of any kind.
- I have a scar on my face where my Grandma’s dog bit me when I was very little. My Grandma freaked out. My mom was like, “no big” and despite it all, I still love dogs, like, a lot.
- I could eat watermelon every day, and most days I do.
- In High School, one of my best friends died in a car accident and it has pretty much informed all of my work ever since.
- I love learning about history and then sharing it annoyingly with friends.
- Despite my sarcastic bitter exterior, I’ve unfortunately been told by many that I have a good heart. I’ll show them!
Oh boy, well this was harder than it looked! Okay, now to nominate some lovely folks. A couple of you haven’t posted a blog in ages, so now’s your chance to get started!
Which Disney film do you hope they make a live action film out of?
Favorite Disney Princess?
What album are you currently listening to on repeat?
What time of day do you do your best work?
You can have any animal in the world as a pet. Which do you choose?
What is the best thing that has happened to you this month?
Favorite late night snack?
Who is someone you try to model your life after?
What one piece of advise would you give 10 year old you?
Would you rather go to Hogwarts or Xavier’s School for Gifted Youngsters?
Favorite scripted television show?
That’s it! I did it! Thank you so much for the nomination. This was a blast. Now I get to sit by and wait to read the answers to the questions I’ve forced upon these unsuspecting souls. I can’t wait! Until next time.