Tomorrow, March 2, kicks off the 23rd Spring Festival which will run until May 30, and there’s plenty of new fun and excitement for you this year. From new topiaries to new kitchens, this festival is promising to be bigger than ever before. Here I’ve compiled a lists of everything new you’ll have to wrap your green thumb around for the next 90 days. With forty 8 foot tall flower towers, 70,000 bedded plants around Future World, and 200 mini-gardens floating on the water, this is going to be one big festival. Let’s get started. After all, you’ve only got one day left to plan.
- First off, we’ve got two new Outdoor Kitchens sure to put some Spring in your step. La Isla Fresca and Cider House will add to the new record of 13 festival kiosks as you make your way around the world showcase. La Isla Fresca will feature Jamaican specialties like Chicken with Mango Salsa or Pigeon-Pea Rice and Jerk-Spiced Grouper. Are your mouths watering right now? Mine is. On the other hand, Cider House will go the green route, taking greens harvested right from The Land Pavilion. Stilton cheese, dried blueberries and blueberry hard cider will greet your stomachs here. That’s not even counting the 11 other kitchens you can visit. Make sure to just not eat the week before, that way you’ll have plenty of room of all the amazingness. Other kitchens include: Urban Farm Eats, Fleur de Lys, Taste of Marrakesh, Pineapple Promenade, Florida Fresh, Hanami, The Smokehouse, Primevera Kitchen, Lotus House, Bauernmarkt and Jardin de Fiestas.
- Huey, Dewey and Louie, Donald’s mischievous nephews will be making their topiary debut! They can be found at the front entrance garden, alongside Donald and Daisy.
- Special weekends will add to the fun. Art in the Garden Weekend will run April 1-3 and will show us the art of plein air artists. From April 8-10, we’ll have the Family Fun Weekend will have all sorts of family activities with a focus on bugs! April 22-24 will feature Earth Day Weekend, where we can all celebrate the Earth, our home. And finally, Florida Fresh Weekend will have all sorts of good food to eat from across Florida.
- Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald and Pluto topiaries will be at the forefront of the Harmony Gardens Musical Playground. With lots of things to climb on and interactive instruments as well as musical plants, this one will be a great spot for the kiddos to burn off some energy.
- Spaceship Earth will be looking out on the beautiful painted Floral Sun Garden. This will be in addition to a new topiary featuring Minnie and Pluto in the garden.
- Anna and Elsa are moving! Their topiaries will make their way to Norway, their new home.
- Get to know some butterflies and how they travel in the returning Butterflies on the Go.
- You’ll get your chance to take a photo with Ranger Mickey in future world where a selfie station and family photo opportunity has been set up just in front of Spaceship Earth.
- Music lovers come one and all. The Garden Rocks Concert Series sill have pop bands from the past 40 years and starts with a bang March 4-6.
- Swing by The Land pavilion to sample some flower petals with flavor at the Edible Flower Garden.
- You can also check out the Festival Center every week for special Gardening Seminars to learn how to raise your plants from the experts.
- And no festival would be complete without lights twinkling across the gardens and topiaries each night.
I suppose the only question left to ask is, what will you do first?